THE GAME BAKERS
Based in Montpellier and around the world
July 5 2016
Fight your way free in our frenzied all-boss fighter, and discover what’s waiting behind the last gate. Furi is all about the tension of one-on-one fights against deadly adversaries. It’s an intense, ultra-responsive game with a unique mix of fast-paced sword fighting and dual-stick shooting. Each of the formidable guardians —designed by Afro Samurai creator Takashi Okazaki— has a unique and surprising combat style that requires focus and skill to defeat. The high-energy action gets a boost from an award-winning soundtrack composed by electro musicians Carpenter Brut, Danger, The Toxic Avenger, Lorn, Scattle, Waveshaper and Kn1ght.
Furi has been inspired by Japanese games such as No More Heroes, Metal Gear Solid and Godhand, and is the result of our desire to capture the combined moment of fright, passion and adrenaline you feel when in a fight.Furi is a boss-fight game designed to challenge your skills against a wide variety of unique bosses. Furi offers a unique mix of sword fighting and dual-stick shooting, with a simple set of controls. Furi’s depth comes from the players learning how best to apply their powers against the varied bosses. Timing, reflexes, and execution will determine how you fare against each one. The diversity of opponents and attack patterns is there to make the player refine his or her skills and get better and better, instead of increasing the character’s stats or his weapons. Ultimately, feeling your skills improve, as a player, we believe is one of the best feelings we can get from video games.
- You can slash with your sword, shoot with your gun, dodge and parry. That’s about it.
- You can also charge the slash attack, the gun shot and the dodge.
- Once you’ve got that, you can play!
- There’s no limit to how much you can improve, it’s simple and deep.
- The challenges are based on a simple formula: get warned – react – punish.
- The depth comes from the differences between the guardians. It’s about how you play a few moves differently to beat a different opponent.
- Default difficulty is Furi mode. Beat the game in Furi, and you’ll unlock Furier (hardcore). Beat it in Furier, you’ll unlock a Speedrun mode (compete against time or hits - with leaderboards). There is also an easier mode.
- Furi is about you, the hero, regaining your freedom. While you piece the story together it raises questions on what's worth fighting for.
- Double vinyl and digital OST, tee-shirts, poster available on the Furi Store: furi.hitpoint.tv
Launch Trailer - NEW YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Unedited BOSS FIGHT video - 10 mn YouTube
Logo & Icon
Launch trailer - PEGI
Download the Launch trailer PEGI in a Zip file 280Mo thegamebakers.com.
Launch trailer - ESRB
Download the Launch trailer ESRB in a Zip file 282Mo thegamebakers.com.
About THE GAME BAKERS
The Game Bakers is an independent video game studio founded by Emeric Thoa and Audrey Leprince. To sum it up they often say that they make games like they cook food: with a lot of love. They want to create that experience that players remember, that they will have fantasies about long after the game is finished, and that makes them feel alive and energized. The studio is based in Montpellier in France – right above a bakery – but they work as a "studio in the clouds" with a team of collaborators around the world.
More information on THE GAME BAKERS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creative Director, Game Designer, Producer, The Game Bakers
Executive Producer, Writer, The Game Bakers
Technical Director, Programmer, The Game Bakers
Character Designer, Freelancer
Artistic Director, Freelancer
And many other amazing folks here: